At Hellingly we believe that physical education is an essential part of a child’s educational development. Hellingly aims to develop a balanced program offering a variety of activities to enhance skills in physical education. Positive participation in physical education will enable children to build, self-esteem, team work and positive attitudes in P.E.
We aim to:
- Develop confidence, skills and knowledge.
- Pursuit for excellence.
- Be Proud of achievements.
- Promote fair play and respect.
- Educate children to improve health and wellbeing.
- Provide quality opportunities for children outside of school time.
Key Stage 1
- Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending.
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns.
- Swimming and water safety: take swimming instruction either in Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
Key Stage 2
- Play competitive games, modified where appropriate, such as football, netball, rounders, cricket, hockey, basketball, badminton and tennis and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending.
- Take part in gymnastics activities.
- Take part in athletics activities.
- Perform dances.
- Take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team.
- Swimming and water safety: children take swimming instruction Key Stage 2 and will repeat tuition until they meet the National Curriculum requirements of being competent in swimming at least 25m in a range of strokes and meeting expectations in terms of safe rescue
To find out more about our Sports Premium visit our School Premiums page.
Sports Based House Teams
Children are asked to wear a PE T-shirt to represent their House team as follows:
Through being a part of the Hailsham Primary Schools Cluster, children at Hellingly have had the opportunity to take part in range of extended PE opportunities.