Pupil Premium funding is to provide additional support to pupils entitled to/have been entitled to free school meals in the last 6 years, or pupils who are looked after by the Local Authority, so that their attainment can be maximised.
In making provision for Pupil Premium children, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged. We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered for, or qualify for free school meals. Therefore, we reserve the right to allocate the pupil premium funding to support any pupil that the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
This funding is used to provide many support systems and interventions. These fall into 5 categories:
- Addressing and assessing learning needs; phonics, spelling, grammar and reading comprehension, taught in flexible ability groups.
- Addressing and assessing educational need through specialist assessment and individualised pupil programmes (both for educational and behavioural purposes).
- Addressing and assessing EAL needs, particularly for new arrivals to the country.
- Addressing and assessing social need: accessing support for families via school –based programmes, such as school uniform, breakfast and after school clubs.
- Providing enrichment to encourage learning and set a context for it; trips and visits, visitors, sports, art and a practical and first hand daily experience.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received, how this is being used, and the impact of any work done.
Please find our Pupil Premium reports below:
For more general information regarding Pupil Premium funding for schools, you can read more here on the government website.
PE and Sports Premium
Schools receive a Sports Premium payment to improve the quality and breath of Physical Education (PE) and sports provision, including increasing participation in PE and sports so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels of which they are capable.
Our total funding for 2019-2020 was £18,100
For more general information regarding PE and Sports Premium funding for primary schools, you can read more here on the government website.